Monday, August 18, 2008

Bottoms Up and Smile For The Camera


Well today is the day that I take my first innuendo...
but seriously folks , my first colonoscopy (an intimate tour of the colon and large intestine)

Being over 50 means I get to allow a camera to probe into areas of my body, I've never seen.
So since I'm flushed and ready to go (excuse the pun) the adventure begins.

And as the blogger of the Survivior Journals...I will survive this as well, and may save my life in the long run and prevent or "nip in the butt" Cancer problems in the nether regions.

I'm proud to say that after this I have cleanest colon since birth :-)

If you are male and over 50, then you too should smile for the camera, it could save your life.

Here is some dark humor from down under...

  • I hope that you are up and "running" soon!

  • It's just a colonoscopy. It's not the end!

  • You will "end" up better than ever before.

  • This too shall pass.

  • Glad to hear that everything "came out OK!"

  • Hope everything turns out OK in the "end."

  • Go boldly where man has never gone before.

  • Have a sphincter-riffic time!

  • Tell the doc, "If your hand doesn't fit, you must acquit."

  • Ask anyone around, "Can you hear me now?“

AND, READER RON FIELDS, SR.
SENT THE FOLLOWING VERY TOUCHING POEM:

We praise the colorectal surgeon
Misunderstood and much maligned
Slaving away in the heart of darkness
Working where the sun don't shine

Respect the colorectal surgeon
It's a calling few would crave
Lift up your hands and join us
Let's all do the finger wave

When it comes to spreading joy
There are many techniques
Some spread joy to the world
And others just spread cheeks
Some may think the cardiologist
Is their best friend
But the colorectal surgeon knows...
He'll get you in the end!

Why the colorectal surgeon?
It's one of those mysterious things.
Is it because in that profession
There are always openings?

When I first met a colorectal surgeon
He did not quite understand;
I said, "Hey nice to meet you
But do you mind? We don't shake hands."

He sailed right through medical school
Because he was a whiz
Oh but he never thought of psychology
Though he read passages
A doctor he wanted to be
For golf he loved to play
But this is not quite what he meant...
By eighteen holes a day!

Praise the colorectal surgeon
Misunderstood and much maligned
Slaving away in the heart of darkness
Working where the sun don't shine!

Copyright held by the Canadian comedy team, Bowser and Blue, whose website is www.bowserandblue.com

No comments:

Amazon